Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Fake Troll thinks I'm stupid


My sis called me frantically yesterday morning to tell me I had a TROLL! huh? I was busy working all day long and did not have time to even think yesterday...


Finally last night I did some research and found out what a troll is and what to do! I don;t really think I have a real Troll...just someone who disagrees with my political views, and hey that's cool.
This pseud-Troll thinks I'm stupid and Obama is snake oil salesmen...whateve!
Here is what I found out about Trolls in general, this is from http://www.flayme.com/:
What Is A Troll?
The term derives from "trolling", a style of fishing which involves trailing bait through a likely spot hoping for a bite. The troll posts a message, often in response to an honest question, that is intended to upset, disrupt or simply insult the group.
Usually, it will fail, as the troll rarely bothers to match the tone or style of the group, and usually its ignorance shows.

Why do trolls do it?
I believe that most trolls are sad people, living their lonely lives vicariously through those they see as strong and successful.
Disrupting a stable newsgroup gives the illusion of power, just as for a few, stalking a strong person allows them to think they are strong, too.
For trolls, any response is 'recognition'; they are unable to distinguish between irritation and admiration; their ego grows directly in proportion to the response, regardless of the form or content of that response.
Trolls, rather surprisingly, dispute this, claiming that it's a game or joke; this merely confirms the diagnosis; how sad do you have to be to find such mind-numbingly trivial time wasting to be funny?
Remember that trolls are cowards; they'll usually post just enough to get an argument going, then sit back and count the responses (Yes, that's what they do!).


3 comments:

  1. Having a Troll isn't necessarily all bad, at least you know someone is reading.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here, trolley, trolley, trolley! Come and read me!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey...do I know your troll?
    Does his name rhyme with Blow Dodgers?

    ReplyDelete

I love you Darling, really! Thank you!