Monday, August 11, 2008

Before and After













I have always been obsessed with before and after pictures...if my life was a novel this would be called: foreshadow. On the left is a picture of me on my 12th wedding anniversary, 8/31/2002, I'm the one in pink, and NO I was not pregnant! To the right is a picture taken of me on 5/25/2008, the skinny chick in the white t-shirt is actually my son Stevie who refuses to cut his hair. I'm the hot one in the bikini...yes BIKINI! How did I get there? By there I mean 250lbs....hmmm.....unhappiness, lots of pie, two kids in 3 years, lots of burgers, insecurity, plenty of milkshakes, loneliness, boxes of doughnuts, yo-yo dieting, pizza and sodas galore, Jenny Craig, Weight Watchers, Nutri System, Cabbage Diet, Atkins, LA Weight Loss, diet pills, everything was a disaster. Mostly a refusal to accept any sort of responsibility for my own happiness and or grief...of course, you can not mention this to my husband, because as far as he knows he is responsible for all my woes, and this works out great for me, guilt is mighty powerful! ha-ha, no really, thanks to counseling and the amazing gastric lap band, I have lost 100lbs in 6 years, it came off little by little and I went from a size 22 to a size 8. I DO NOT exercise, mostly because it's yucky, and I don't sweat, so I am truly afraid I could explode. Things were pretty saggy after a while, so I must admit that I had nips and tucks, some lifts and a lot of suck...ha-ha, plastic surgery is fun and funny! I am having the time of my life, making new friends and wearing a bikini for the first time in my life, I hope to share my misadventures with you guys and make even more friends. At 36 my new motto is: it's my time bitches~ watch yourselves! ha-ha My husband just rolls his eyes when I say this, he is an expert eye roller, what is he a 13 year old girl?






5 comments:

  1. I am absolutely amazed at your transformation, Ylla. I had no idea what you have been through. You look incredible now, I had never seen the "before" pictures so I just thought you hadn't changed since high school...what an incredible journey. You are someone to admire!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow you look AMAZING!!

    Good for you, and you know what? If you have a few nips and tucks to perfect yourself, good on ya! Anything that makes you feel great is fabulous

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks for linking up! now this is a great first post. you look amazing. you are so funny and full of life and i am glad you are feeling so good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok I'm sorry but the Cheater comment was funny. Still you look awesome, and my goal is to lose 50 lbs, and I exercise my ass off, actually my abs hurt so bad right now its like I started a fire there after deciding to shove one of the logs into my stomach. Sad part is, even after I lose the weight I'll still never wear a bikini, ever. When I was 14 I had an accident that ended with emergency surgery and left me with a scar straight down my stomach. I actually congratulate you on having the bravery to get surgery, I, even if it would make me feel better about myself, am terrified and no matter what, have the scar as proof of my strength and my luck as I actually survived and am healthy(alittle over weight but healthy).

    ReplyDelete

I love you Darling, really! Thank you!