Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Totally Akward

So as we have previously established Crazy is often hereditary, and in my case runs on both sides of the family. But my Mom, well, she is special. Special in so many ways...the best part is she has NO CLUE that she is so very special, which almost always makes it hilarious.
One day, we were sitting in a beauty salon reading Cosmo, the type of magazine you would NEVER find in my house. My parents are very much intellectuals, I think my love off reality tv, trash and kitsch is a straight rebellion of their intellectual upbringing of me.
We are sitting there getting our pedis when she blurts out "Boy! I better hurry up!"
My response of course is "HUH?"
Mom: This article says the average woman has sex with 3.4 partners in her lifetime- I'm in my 60's and I have only ever had sex with you Dad!
Now if I told you this was the first or the last time my Mother has tried to have awkward sex conversations with me...well that would be a big fat lie...but then again, it could be worse...I could have actually walked in on them....
Oh, TOVA DARLING, thanks you for embracing our awkwardness...

3 comments:

  1. Yeah, that subject is not something that should be ventured between parents and offspring.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think there has ever been a time that I was at my parents' (married 45 years) that my dad hasn't felt my mom up. Or at least attempted to. And he's always telling us to look how cute her butt is.

    And I clicked on the link about walking in on you and I'm pretty sure that walking in on your grandparents is WAAAAAAY worse!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmmm... that is rather awkward. Sorry Mom but I would rather not talk about sex with you!
    Yuck...that is the only good thing about divorce parents - they arent having sex with each other. cute post.

    ReplyDelete

I love you Darling, really! Thank you!