Tuesday, October 14, 2008

I'm a "liberated" woman!

All my life I have enjoyed bugging my Mom, mostly by shocking her and being outrageous. This is relatively easy, she was 35 when I was born (not a young mom in the 70's) besides that she grew up in Latin America in those times was like growing up in the 1800's! ha-ha I was married the summer after I graduated high school and had never really thought about NOT changing my name, I simply was too lazy to do so. I had to fill out paperwork, get a new licence, social security and the biggest pain of all, change my passport! By this time my son had been born and my mother came to me one day VERY concerned.

La Mama: Mijita, when are you going to change your name?
La Hija (me): HUH?
La Mama: They are going to think you are a single mother, you don;t have the same last name as your son!
La Hija: Mom! Who is they?
La Mama: The people at daycare, the pediatrician
La Hija: So, Mom, there are worse things than being a single Mother...
La Mama- dead silence, laser beams eyes *sigh* (old school Latin women = no confrontation)

Well, that was it, I was never going to be able to take my husbands name- I will be forever Ms. Former Fat Chic.

The Man gets mail addressed to Mr. Former Fat Chic, he does not like that!

And of course the puppy is Lulu Former Fat Chic! He gets the boys for his name and I get my little Lulu- sounds fair to me!

2 comments:

I love you Darling, really! Thank you!