Wednesday, October 14, 2009

We need a MAN in this house

Last night as I lay in bed with my husband, with a 70lbs dog-goddess sprawled out between us, feet in my face and her cuca inches from the Hubs right ear, the ceiling fan starts making a terrible sound.

This is of course at 10:30 at night, after we each have worked 9 hour days, I have walked the dog, he has gone to the gym, I have spent 3 hours at the hospital with my Mom, he has made dinner and barked at the kids until the cleaned the kitchen and set the table, so we could eat at 8pm when I get home. The ceiling fan sound was almost as bad the groaning the DVD-surround sound system started making the minute we sat down to watch season 4 of Weeds after diner.

The Hubs lets out a long sigh and says: We need a man in this house. A man that can fix things, fix the fan and the DVD, and the hole in the attic where my foot fell through, and screen and the pool pump too.

I chime in: We need a WOMAN in this house. A woman who cooks, and cleans

HUBS: oh! a woman that likes to have sex, like every night!

the only logical response: Um, yeah that woman, can have sex with the man that fixes things.

With that I rolled over and went to sleep, only to hear the HUBS say: Lulu, get your Cuca out my face!

ahhhhhhh, love and marriage....

4 comments:

  1. The Jetsons promised us a better future. I'm suing Hannah-Barbera.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry but I can't help but laugh.

    Here's to finding that wonder couple.

    Frannie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can;t even tell you how many times the HUBS has asked me if we can PLEEEEEESE get a concubine. He is so dead serious. I am currently looking for a sister wife.

    ReplyDelete
  4. HA. When I first read this I was thinking your nickmame was Lula.

    ReplyDelete

I love you Darling, really! Thank you!