Friday, December 12, 2008

A Legend has passed

Yesterday Betty Page passed away. For as long as I can remember knowing what "sexy" was, I have loved Betty Page. She was beautiful, womanly, venerable, powerful, uninhibited and raw. I know many find her scandalous or immoral, some of the S&M stuff is way out there. I just remember seeing a photo of her in nude, and she was smiling, and she looked happy, not posing happy, but really "This is me, and I love me" happy. Maybe that is why I have been so enamored with her, self acceptance and body image were not easy to come by in my life.


Regardless of what you think of her, she is an icon and was an instrument in the sexual revolution.


This is Bettie Page's official website, I recommend the movie "The Notorious Bettie Page" with Gretchen Moll if you would like to learn more about her. Below is my Halloween 2007 tribute to her.

2 comments:

  1. Bettie Page has become a cultural icon and has forever opened our eyes to real female sexuality...she has been an inspiration to so many women. The legend has passed, but the little girl from Tennessee remains in each and every one of us. I love your 2007 tibute, Ylla.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I adore Bettie Page. She did so many things for us curvy women.

    ReplyDelete

I love you Darling, really! Thank you!