Friday, November 13, 2009

Not a Glamazon

I am not a Glamazon, I never really was...however I did have some standards:
  • pedicures were a must
  • I never went out with dirty hair, ever
  • I only wore sweatpants in the privacy of my home
  • If I was not wearing make up, I would throw on some sunglasses and put some lipstick on

More than once I remember seeing women in the market or the mall who were running around in flip flops with feet that vaguely resembles the wolf man's feet, unkempt and disheveled, and I would wonder to myself: What on earth is wrong with that woman? How can she leave her house like that?

Well people, it's called LIFE, LIFE is what more than likely has happened to those women. I have always been a busy working Mom and wife, however, always found the time to go to the salon, go to get waxed, etc, etc...add just one sick parent to that mix and ever thing flew out the window.

Saturday's was my Mom's nurses aide's day off, so I had to be there to help my Dad at 8:00am. I get up at 7am (an ungodly hour for the mother of teenagers, who has been sleeping gin every weekend for years). I pull on some sweat pants, flip flops and one of my husbands t-shirts, quickly shove a load of laundry in the machine and push start (thank goodness for the quick cycle) I run out the door to walk the dog. Back with the Dog, give her food and water, move the laundry from the washer to the dryer, and stuff a second load into the machine. Make coffee and grab and English muffin, my phone rings, my Dad needs me to pick something up on the way. Not time to shower, shove some clean clothes into a bag and assume I will take a shower at my parents a little later, which actully never happened.

As I am running around in WalMart, dirty hair, no make up, un-bathed, no bra, I look down at my feet and in a moment of horror I gasp...*ahhh* I'm that woman! I want to sit on the floor of WalMart and cry as I look at my toes, they look like 3rd world country homeless people feet (OK, that might be a tad of an exaggeration, but they are bad)

Instead I grab the generic size small adult diapers and run for the cash register, no time to sit and cry.

5 comments:

  1. LOL! I'm sure that it is not a new habit..it was just a one time thing that can easily be forgotten. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We all have that OMG moment. It'll pass. Redemption is only a pedicure away :).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sometimes a girl has to do what a girl has to do - and all naysayers can just clear the decks and stand back.

    BTW, loved your Halloween post about Mr. T, he was the first 'famous' person I ever interviewed!

    Sending you a smile and a hug,
    tp

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah, we all have times like that. I have no kids and am not a caregiver of any kind and I still find I have "wild woman of Borneo" moments. It's the sign of an interesting woman.

    ReplyDelete
  5. HA! This is GREAT! Now I don't feel so bad about walking through WalMart with a hole in the back of my Yoga Pants!

    ReplyDelete

I love you Darling, really! Thank you!