Wednesday, November 23, 2011

How Pumpkin Pie is really made...

I have never made a Pumpkin Pie....HELL, I have NEVER made a PIE!
This is my philosophy:

I am good at many, many things:

  • dancing

  • drinking vodka & tonic

  • gossiping

  • being funny

  • trimming stinky squirming boy's toe nails

  • whacking the right child in the back seat, while driving one handed and never taking my eyes off the road

  • applying make up and face painting (for the chilrens) - they are not the same thing!

  • Inspecting stinky boys after "baths" (includes but is not limited to: did you use soap? did you scrub with the wash cloth? did you put shampoo in your hair? Come here, let me sniff you)
I will have you know, that the above mentioned are just a few of my many talents. Don't get me wrong, I can cook.  As far as I can tell there is not a one starving person in my house (specially not me) and I make a sit down family dinner at least 4 nights a week. However, I do not pretend to be a professional, and it would be insulting to the true professional cooks, chef's and pastry people out there, that I purport that my cooking could compare to theirs, seriously they make a living at it!
So back to the topic, I have never made a Pumpkin Pie, imagine my surprise, when my girlfriend sent me this e-mail explaining how exactly Pumpkin Pies are made:



I think we will have Pecan pie at my house this year!

8 comments:

  1. I love this picture! Hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have just reached the age with my oldest where I have to say "Did you shower.....did you use soap?"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Drug addicts always come up with different ways to make drugs. Right now they can make drugs that look exactly like candy. Some even taste like candy. That's a very easy way to get kids hooked up on drugs. That is scary because I have 2 kids. What's even worse is that the percentage of kids that abuse drugs is pretty high.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My Mum used to sniff my brother when he came out of the shower. I always thought they were a bit wierd to be honest, but now I see it's a Mum trick. Wow, one day, I too will sniff my children as they step out of the bathroom. That's something to look forward to...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't have any brothers, so I guess that's why my mom's always smelling the dog! ha

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lordy, Lordy! I will never look at pumpkin pie again. I guess that is good. My thighs do not need pie!

    ReplyDelete
  7. And I used to have such warm, yummy, comfort food feelings toward pumpkins till I read your blog post, lol.

    http://www.formerlyfluffy.com/

    ReplyDelete

I love you Darling, really! Thank you!